6. NO HARMFUL PLASTICS Traditional packaging methods and materials contribute to global warming and other environmental issues. Using eco-friendly packaging allows you to reduce the amount of plastic that you use. Using non-sustainable petrochemical resources which are a part of all traditional plastics requires a lot of energy. Petrochemical products usually tend to litter public places and have been linked with health problems when used with food.
7. REDUCE SHIPPING COSTS Reducing your shipping costs reduces the amount of raw materials that are used to package the products and less packing materials leads to less effort being expended.
8. CAN HELP SAVE MONEY Paper shredders are a great way to properly discard of any waste packaging, making it easier for the packaging to bio-degrade much faster. Industrial shredders are a great option if you are looking to shred high volumes of your waste packaging fast.
9. EXPANDS YOUR CUSTOMER BASE The demand for sustainable eco-friendly products grows everyday according to several global studies. All adults who were born after 1990 prefer to go eco-friendly and sustainability when it comes to making their buying decisions. Going green will attract more customers that will keep on returning depending on your attitude to the environment.
10. IT CAN BE REDUCED, REUSED AND RECYCLED SUSTAINABLY Most of the materials can be categorized in the 3 basic R’s of sustainability.
Reduce: This focuses on using thinner and tougher materials which can do the same job with fewer materials.
Reuse: There are a lot more products available that encourage their reuse such as boxes with a special coating to make them tougher. You can use the economics of taking advantage of reuse capabilities.
Recycle: A lot more products are being manufactured with a larger percentage of them being made up of recycled materials which can be recycled easily as well and have been labeled as such. Most manufacturers do this as it allows them to minimize the impact of price increases on new or virgin materials.